Salt Lake City, UT
Technical Artist from Entertainment Art & Engineer program with a BA degree in Computer Science and Mathematics.
I am enrolling in Entertainment Arts and Engineering program as a Technical Artist specializing in tool making and shader creation. Having 4 years programming experience with project management in both game development and software engineer, and one year professional modeling training, I can easily fit into the production pipeline and work with both artists and engineer. My goal is to create more efficient working experience for everyone on the team while pushing the boundary of visual limit.
I am a fast learner and highly motivated. Having years of programming background allows me to pick up many different languages as well as software fairly fast through constant learning.
I do cosplay and commissions. I focus on armor and props making thanks to my hard surface modeling experience. Here you can see my recent project. Interesting enough, cosplay, especially prop and armor making, shares a lot of similarity with technical art. My modeling skill and create textures and materials help me to polish my cosplay a lot in real life.
PHP • Java Script • CSS • HTML • VBASP • SQL • Swift • Mathematica
Chinese • English • Japanese
- Optimizing and create shaders/materials for artist in Unreal Engine 4
- Help to clean up and establish shader/material library
- Profiling and optimizing level (mainly for GPU profiling)
- Create procedural generating blueprints and tools in Unreal Engine 4 for level designer to quickly build environment, and easily maintain and manage large amount of assets for artists
- Create modular city kit in engine to speed up the production pipeline
- Create master materials to add uniqueness on modular assets for more efficient development
- Participate in building and texturing modular pieces using Maya and Substance
- Establish pipeline between artists and level designers
- Developed and published a Maya tool to quickly visually build GUI for tool in Maya.
- This tool is a personal project and can be found https://www.highend3d.com/maya/script/free-interface-architect-for-maya.
- Using Python to create automatic test cases for software based on requirements
- Writing utilities for automation.
- Teaching Assistance for Interactive Machinima using Unreal Engine 4, Motion Builder, Maya 2017
- Help students with trouble shooting in material creation, environment creation, character animation, etc.
- Developed and launched IOS application for teaching Chinese characters
Wofford College, Feb. 2015 – Aug. 2015
- Assisted developing school website with bug fixing
- Developed minor pages and web applications
Master Entertainment Art and Engineer
University of Utah, Aug. 2016 – Present
Salt Lake City, UT
Wofford College, Aug. 2012 – Jan. 2016
Sophia University 上智大学, Jun. 2014 – Aug. 2014
Salt Lake Comic Con Cosplay Contest Novice, 2017
ACM ICPC Southeast USA Regional Contest, 2014
Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges, 2014